Staying Safe During COVID-19
Nash Sports and Work Wear takes the safety and wellbeing of its staff, customers and third parties working with us very seriously. In line with our values, we have completed comprehensive risk assessments for Nash Sports and Work Wear’s operations and services. Nash Sports and Work Wear follows guidance issued by the Government, the devolved governments in the UK, and Public Health scientific advisors.
Nash Sports and Work Wear has completed comprehensive risk assessments of the services we offer to our customers and of our operating procedures, working practices and workplaces across our entire estate. We have identified a range of controls to manage the risk of Covid-19 cross contamination and transmission. Where the risk of Covid-19 cannot be controlled to an acceptable level, Nash Sports and Work Wear has suspended these services and work activities. Where services can be offered by an alternative means this has been implemented so that Nash Sports and Work Wear can still service our customers.
The following areas of Nash Sports and Work Wear have been risk assessed:
- Logistics and distribution
- Head offices and office environments
- Services provided in customer premises
As a result of the risk assessments, Nash Sports and Work Wear has implemented (where reasonably practicable) a range of controls which include:
- Where risk of transmission cannot be controlled, services and work activities have been suspended.
- We have identified clear controls for providing services to clinically vulnerable and clinically extremely vulnerable customers in their homes.
- We have enhanced cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with official guidance for all our operations.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2 metre or 1 metre plus with mitigation for social distance in the workplace. Where social distancing is not always possible, we have put in place measures to manage transmission risk including limiting the number of customers in our stores, one way pedestrian traffic systems where practicable, sneeze screens and barriers.
- We have strongly recommended and encouraged our staff who are public facing to wear face covering and asked the public who come into our shops to wear face coverings.
- We have increased the level of signage in the workplace and in stores to ensure that social distancing and hygiene standards are observed.
- We have provided information, instruction and training to ensure staff are fully aware of the precautions needed to control transmission.
- We are limiting the number of staff working in offices and where work can be carried out from home this is positively encouraged.
- We also monitor the implementation of the controls across Nash Sports and Work Wear and compliance is tracked and reported to the Executive Team.
- We collect personal data to support test and trace procedures.
The risk assessments are reviewed and updated weekly by Nash Sports and Work Wear’s safety department to ensure controls are still relevant and being implemented. It also informs Nash Sports and Work Wear’s decision on the relaxation of restrictions and the relaunch of suspended services for our customers whilst still managing the risk of transmission.
Nash Sports and Work Wear will continue to review the impact of local restriction and lockdowns across the UK and keep our customers informed of the impact to the services we offer.
Unless otherwise notified, Nash Sports and Work Wear will remain open as usual and continue to supply all customers by courier, working as best we can to our standard quoted lead times. Our offices will remain open throughout the working week to answer new or existing customer enquiries.